10 Motherhood Confessions
Updated: May 23, 2019
Motherhood is an adventure, not a science. The evidence...
1. My children regularly eat their siblings' leftovers as a snack.
2. I find a great deal of cleaning motivation from watching Hoarders.
3. That little first grader with bits of oatmeal in her hair, running to catch the bus, wearing one sock and carrying her shoes? Yeah, that was my kid.
4. I often eat chocolate first, then pray when I feel a little better.
5. I've had this happen more times than I can count: Having just imparted a particularly profound nugget of grown-up wisdom to my eager young children, I realize they ran off about five minutes ago and I've been talking to myself.
6. I sometimes stay up later than I should to get some "me time." The next day, I frown more than I smile.
7. I have a dog primarily to clean up food and beverage disasters. She stays busy.
8. I fell asleep in a pile of laundry earlier today.
9. I've had to look up my own phone number before.
10. During my sleepy days with my third newborn, I came within three seconds of walking out to get the mail with one boob hanging out.
And there are so many more, but we'll leave those for another post. ;) Things like this are the reason I know God can draw a straight line with a crooked stick. It's only logical that He get the glory for how awesome my kids are turning out. Can you relate to any of these?